Friday, February 3, 2012

Chainsaw to the Face one of a kind


     Well, I just got a huge haul of records in this week with some more still on the way so I'll be making several posts over the next week or two at a pretty steady rate whenever I can find the time to. For now though I wanna talk about the Chainsaw to the Face s/t 7" ONE OF A KIND record I got! I saw this on Cowabunga records and apparently this was a mistake. The records were supposed to be black and then some separate ones where going to be a different color, but at the plant somehow red got mixed in with the vinyl. They ended up with a handful of red records and I even beleive a handful of green records, but they only ended up with one of these...





...pretty fuckin sick right?! The guy who runs Cowabunga records, Nick, named it  the "Bloody pool in the void" edition, which I thought was a pretty apt name for it. He even wrote some stuff on the insert for the record and hand numbered it...


     All in all I'm super stoked to own it. I'm a sucker for rare vinyl and you can't really get more rare than this! It doesn't hurt either that Chainsaw to the Face play some pretty brutal grind. This record has a really lo-fi sound to it, but it goes well with the kind of music they put onto it. Definitely death metal influenced, guttural vocals and just an all around dirty sound. You can check out Cowabunga records if your into rare vinyl and Chainsaw to the Face and get you one of the other rare mistakes that was put out during this pressing, there are only a few though so go snag one and help Nick pay his bills!

No comments:

Post a Comment